Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
summer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-04

But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!   But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm

Well I am one of the lucky ones that has "silent" or painless labours....so when I was having what I thought were braxton hicks 2 minutes apart, my midwife laughed and said "Don't worry, you'll know when you're in labour!!" Well, an hour later I was pushing!! My husband sped us to the hospital, where I was pushing for another half hour, my baby had decided to twist at the last minute and got stuck!! Mind you just as well otherwise she would have been born in a speeding car!! When I heard the nurse say that they had better get the obstetrician, I found strength from God knows where and pushed her out Embarassed
Then a day after my little girls first birthday, I had two weeks to go before baby number two was due, and I got "indigestion". Well this pain got worse, and lowered down to my right side.....yep appendicitis!!! I was taken in an ambulance to North Shore Hospital, where they decided to induce me Shocked and 5 hours later I had a healthy boy and a not so healthy appendix. So they operated for two hours, apparently in pregnancy everything moves around, so they couldn't find it!!! Anyway they got the hideous little thing out, and I am here to tell my story!!! But I have to laugh, because all I wanted was a water birth!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sheido

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!   But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Wouuuuuu! Summer, you are definetely a SUPER MUM!!!!!
I have three children 1, 4 and 7 y.o. but next to your labours, mine were boring!! Ha Ha Ha
So happy to know that after everything you went through, you have two lovely babies, and a great sense of humour! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wender

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!   But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Wow Summer!! So are you planning on having any more??? He he, well my wife had a 22 hour labour the first time, and then ended up having a C-section!!! But we have a healthy boy, he's 2 now, and those 22 hours were worth it!! (easy for me to say!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!   But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

But I wanted a water birth!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: Post natal (after birth) :: Birth stories-
Jump to: