Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Being a First Timer Mom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MarcyOne

MarcyOne

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Being a First Timer Mom Empty
PostSubject: Being a First Timer Mom   Being a First Timer Mom Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 am

Now that I'm a veteran mom, I love to watch women who are pregnant with their first child. You can always pick them out of a crowd. They are the ones smiling blissfully, dragging their husbands through Babies R Us and registering for every item that has a bar code on it. Of course we need those scratch mittens! I remember being that woman. The world was full of possibilities and I looked forward to embracing all the rainbows and butterflies that accompanied motherhood. At least that's what I was assured in every ubiquitous advertisement and commercial for diapers or baby lotion.

Most of my friends who have children would say that their first pregnancy was their easiest. Never mind the fact that they vomited every day for the first trimester, or that they were plagued with edema making their ankles virtually undetectable to the naked eye. I think it's because we knew no differently. The first pregnancy sets the standard for what is normal in a woman's mind about how it should go the next time around. There is something blissful about that ignorance. The perceived normalcy; the promise of that heavenly epidural; the anticipation of holding your sleepy, quiet newborn. Of course having no other children to look after who wake you up at 6 AM every morning to turn on Noggin helps.

Being a First Timer Mom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: Post natal (after birth) :: Birth stories-
Jump to: