Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A recipe for homemade rusks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchypooh

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-28

A recipe for homemade rusks Empty
PostSubject: A recipe for homemade rusks   A recipe for homemade rusks Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 11:43 am

What a wonderful forum!
I am a mother of three and grandmother of two, and I think it's fantastic to have a forum for young parents !
I am posting this recipe that was a favourite with my kids when they were little.
Cut slices of thick toast bread into fingers, spread a tiny dot of Marmite on it and sprinkle a little grated cheese.,
Let them dry in a slow oven.
You can keep them in a tupper o airtight jar.
flower sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.todoparatumascota.com
ixplorer
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: A recipe for homemade rusks   A recipe for homemade rusks Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 pm

YUM ! Forget the kids i'm putting that on NOW ! mmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.wide.co.nz/
Grandma

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: A recipe for homemade rusks   A recipe for homemade rusks Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Sounds like us grandmas have a few handy hints, here are a few more!!
For fussy eaters...replace veges for fruit on the dinner plate...that wise advise was given to me by an old doctor that looked after my family, when kids "hate" veges, until they learn to like them..fruit is a great alternative!
Make fun food! Cut shapes out of carrot, tomato etc..make faces using different veges o fruit.
I used to make pikelets with the face of Mickey Mouse! (large spoonfull in the middle and two smaller ones making the ears...)
A dragon sandwich! (that was a popular one!) cut a small bun across the top and put wedges of luncheon,and cheese, lettuce, tomato, simulating the humps!, use currants or raisins to make the eyes...use your imagination! the tots will be eating healthy and having fun!
You could make goldfish...crocodiles...just let your imagination go wild!!!!
And a last one....let the kiddies help in the preparations (whenever possible) theyll be more likely
to eat something they "prepared" themselves!
Back to top Go down
Sheido

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: A recipe for homemade rusks   A recipe for homemade rusks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Great ideas!
Here is mine...my two older ones are always on the move...so for afternoon tea when they dont want to sit still to eat something I prepare them a special milk shake....milk, banana, honey, an egg yolk and a tablespoon of wheat germ..they love it !! and I love the fact that they are having something healthy!
Look forward seeing more recipes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A recipe for homemade rusks   A recipe for homemade rusks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A recipe for homemade rusks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: The toddler years :: Eating and nutrition-
Jump to: