Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

paranoid about daycare HELP!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laylamaia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-08

paranoid about daycare  HELP! Empty
PostSubject: paranoid about daycare HELP!   paranoid about daycare  HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 am

Hi!
I have got my self into a state. I have to return back to work because of finances, I so desperately want to stay at home with my 18 month little girl but I can't. (every week i pray to win lottlo) Now I am frantic trying to find a day care or carer that will look after her and have her well being at heart. Call it paranoia but i have so much trouble trusting. I've worked for Child, youth and family Services for nine years and have seen so many cases of mis use of power and dis trust in adults that kids fall victim to it has now made me paranoid with the way things are today. I don't have any faith in people and wary for them to look after my own littlle one. I.E with the basic care - day cares that can't even change a soiled nappy or even them changing my girls nappy makes my paranoia sky rocket. So now that I have vented all my hysteria (so sorry) I guess the question to you mums and dads out there is DOES ANYONE RECCOMMEND A DAY CARE OR CHILD CARE CENTRE/care giver? I live in Titirangi West Auckland but am prepared to travel.
Hope to hear from someone soon
Back to top Go down
summer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: paranoid about daycare HELP!   paranoid about daycare  HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 pm

HI Laylamaia, you poor thing! I guess we all have trust issues, and it is unfortunate that you are forced to return to work, but you are in luck, because I can personally highly recommend Lollipops Glen Eden, they are quite close, (I am in Titirangi too), are EXCELLENT with the kids, have high quality facilities, and are extending some time this year, food is excellent, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. Prices very reasonable too, I know there is a bit of a waiting list, but I would pop down and see what you think, and have a look around! good luck!
Back to top Go down
laylamaia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: paranoid about daycare HELP!   paranoid about daycare  HELP! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi Summer. Thanks so much for that information really appreciate it and its a great start!
Take care
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: paranoid about daycare HELP!   paranoid about daycare  HELP! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

paranoid about daycare HELP!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: The toddler years :: Childcare-
Jump to: