Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Entertainment for tots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandma

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Entertainment for tots Empty
PostSubject: Entertainment for tots   Entertainment for tots Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:37 pm

I am posting some ideas to keep the tots entertained.
Feel and tell! In a bag (a small pillowcase will work fine) put some objects, a hairbrush, an fruit, a small toy, etc, get your tot, to put her/his little hand, feel and tell (without looking) what the object is......
Finger painting is great fun! you can put some textures to it.....like cornmeal. seeds, sand, etc.....
As well as using playdough or salt dough, you can make an edible dough, and make shapes, that can be baked and eaten!
Get your tot imagination fly! use chairs, sheets...to make playhouses....they love it!
How about a picnic inside? for colder, wet days?
Treasure hunt? make it simple so they dont get frustrated....you read the clues, and let them figure out where the treasure could be hidden! the treasure could be: a box with goodies, a small new toy, a letter from grandma with some pictures or stickers, a book..
Dress up time! keep a box with....hats, scarves, old necklaces, belts, ribbons, old shirts, a cape ( could be easily made with piece of material and some ties, that can be tied under supervision!) little girls and little boys love dressing up! if you feel like making crowns, masks, the fun will be bigger!
Make a scrap book, with pictures of things they love: animals, a tv programme, paintings they've made, photos of the family, dry leaves you picked up from a day out in the park, let them help choose the pictures, they will have a great time looking at that book.
Make a book of their history, photos from when they where inside your tummy, babies pictures, they growing up...special moments, you could write some comments, they´ll love looking at that book over and over!
As well as keeping the tots entertained, the times you spend with them will make a lovely memory to treasure!
Back to top Go down
Chugga

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Entertainment for tots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entertainment for tots   Entertainment for tots Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 6:29 am

Another Grandma signing in (Nan) .....

I bought my grandson a new carseat yesterday (one of the 3 stage ones for up to about 12 years) and guess what .... they threw in a playhut free of charge without realising they had!

Even better, it must be a "designer" one because it matches his "vrooooom" (car)

OK sure, one couldnt find the doors or window until I applied some pressure with a sharp knife - and it did come disguised as a very sturdy cardboard box but it keeps him out of the dog crate!
Back to top Go down

Entertainment for tots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: The toddler years-
Jump to: