Childcarenz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Childcarenz

A NZ forum with parenting and childcare topics and information.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mum

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-25

Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 4:40 am

Shocked He is 7 months old and wakes between 4-6 times at night and SCREAMS till I give him a bottle, then he only drinks a little and drops off!!! I know I shouldn't be doing this but I have tried leaving him and it breaks my heart!! Anyone have any hints on how to make him get throough the night!!??
Back to top Go down
ixplorer
Admin

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Hey   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Surely if you know you should not feed little one... and you are having problems sleeping... and you feed him.... and he drinks a tiny bit... then you just need to not feed him ? And he can have a go at unlearning what you are rapidly teaching him... to yell... and mum comes running.

g
Back to top Go down
http://www.wide.co.nz/
mum

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 11:50 pm

I know I know.....but easier said than done, it is the worst sound in the world to hear my baby crying!!! I can handle a few minutes and then I can't stand it!! I would love to hear from anyone who has a "no crying" technique to get him to sleep through!! Ixplorer, it sounds like you have either been very lucky with your babies.....or don't have any!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
ixplorer
Admin

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:23 am

Laughing What about just walking about with the little fellah ? From all the experience i have running and feeding is the worst... which it seems you know already. I know the sound... its amazing... and easily designed to cut into your cerebral cortex to get you to stand up. Well designed machines they are !...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wide.co.nz/
popol

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 2:18 am

He he, that sounds like mine!! Little bugger!! But I'll tell you what worked for us, we let him cry as hard as it was, going in every now and again to calm him, it was hard work, but on the 3rd night he only woke once!!! And has slept really well since! You just have to decide what day and do it, good luck!! afro
Back to top Go down
mum

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Thanks popol!!!!!!! Wow, I guess I just needed to hear from someone real and not just a "super nanny" on tv that the system works, we did it, the first night a night mare!!! I was going to give up, but my husband helped me stick with it, but the second night he woke twice, and went back to sleep after a bit of grizzling and the third and fourth night only once!!! I still can't believe it!! Even if he keeps waking only once that is fine, we are sleeping so much better now!! So thanks again for the excellent advice! I really appreciate it!!
Back to top Go down
summer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 8:49 pm

I had the exact same thing with my son, my little girl was a great sleeper, but my boy....well, a different story. But we found that giving him alot more solids (he's 7 months) is helping alot, I think he was just hungry!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!   Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help!!! My baby doesn't let me sleep!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Childcarenz :: Post natal (after birth) :: Sleeping Problems-
Jump to: